If you are coming to one of these events, please say “hi.” I'd love to meet you.
ISTE 2012 Schedule
- Saturday, June 23 – Event that Steve Hargadon is running (the remix of Edublogger, not sure of new name)
- Sunday, June 24 – We'll have a booth in the global gallery so you can say hi.
- Monday, June 25 – 2:30 – 3:30 PM BM117 Wonderful World of Wiki Wiki Teaching (Advanced) with Adam Frey, Suzie Nestico, and Ben Curran running the backchannel
- Tuesday, June 26 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm Collaborative Writing and Common Core Standards in the Classroom. I'll be moderating a panel with Dr. Leigh Zeitz, Jennifer Roberts, Julie Lindsay, Suzie Nestico and again, my friend Ben Curran has agreed to backchannel for us.
- Tuesday, June 26 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm Bookmarks, PLN's and More: Supercharge Your Learning, Teaching, and Research with Diigo co-founder Maggie Tsai (Ben in Backchannel)
- We hope to run a Birds of a Feather for Flat Classroom again this year. (usually Tuesday afternoon)
- Pearson will have an “official” signing at their booth at a certain time for our new book Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds and we also plan to sign some at the Birds of a Feather.
Other upcoming plans:
- March 5, 2012 5 pm – 6 pm 7 Steps to Flatten your Classroom co-presented with Julie Lindsay (link to be shared)
- March 20, 2012 4:15 pm Common Core in the Cloud – Eye on School Success Online Conference
- March 23-24, 2012 Teacher 2 Teacher – Bow Island, Alberta Canada
- May 7, 2012 6-7pm Finding the Right Fit: Which Global Collaborative Project is for me? Pearson Webinar (will add the link as soon as I have it.)
- October13, 2012 Edscape Conference with amazing principal Eric Sheninger (I will be announced as keynote speaker soon.)
For an overview of scheduled events, you can check the calendar below. (I keep this and my Amazon author page updated.)
- Join the Flat Classroom Global Book Club! #flatclass (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Eracism Project 2012 Forming Now! (123elearning.blogspot.com)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)