GEEK LEVEL: Medium
I'm totally fascinated by the possibilities for Sikuli Script as programming gets easier. This lets you use the sikuli interface and instead of having to know the object names, you can take screenshots of the buttons you want the computer to click and it will use a “visual search engine” to find that on the screen and click it. This is the next iteration of programming and just phenomenal.
I can see all kinds of applications for those who have to automate tasks!
This is what they say about it on their website:
Sikuli is a visual technology to search and automate graphical user interfaces (GUI) using images (screenshots). The first release of Sikuli contains Sikuli Script, a visual scripting API for Jython, and Sikuli IDE, an integrated development environment for writing visual scripts with screenshots easily. Sikuli Script automates anything you see on the screen without internal API's support. You can programmatically control a web page, a desktop application running on Windows/Linux/Mac OS X, or even an
Related articles by Zemanta
- Sikuli – Create Automation Scripts Easily Using Screenshots (makeuseof.com)
- Launchpad News: Sikuli – scripting your use of GUIs (launchpad.net)
- Sikuli Automates Almost Anything Using Screenshots [Downloads] (lifehacker.com)
- Automate Your Workflow with Sikuli (macstories.net)
- Sikuli uses screen shots to run scripts, is amazing (downloadsquad.com)
- MIT Offers Picture-Centric Programming To the Masses With Sikuli (developers.slashdot.org)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)