Thought some of you might want to participate in the upcoming Hong Kong Flat Classroom Workshop with Julie Lindsay and Kim Cofino. Here’s the latest:
“The Flat Classroom Workshop strand of the [email protected] Conference is less than 2 weeks away. Kim Cofino and I are very pleased to inform you we have about 30 students and about 10 teachers attending the workshop for the 2.5 days.
This email contains important information for you and your students in order to get started before we meet face-to-face.
- Flat Classroom Workshop: Program and Teams list is available here: http://spreadsheets.google.
com/pub?key=tFUg_UrzyKQM- vHRxrOE_mQ&gid=0 The program is set out in a basic format so far, but we wanted to send this now so you have more of an idea what you are in for. The teams list is not final and will possibly change between now and the start of the event. Each team consists of real and virtual members. There will be further explanation about this before we start.
- Of particular importance is the START day and time for the workshop: Thursday September 17 at 2:30 pm at the Hong Kong International School http://www.hkis.edu.hk/ Tai Tam Campus.
- In addition, all workshop participants are invited to the Friday night Flat Classroom Dinner from 6-8pm (approx. – final time tba)
- Invitation to join the Workshop Ning: All participants are invited to join the Flat Classroom Conference Ning http://
flatclassroomconference.ning. com/ Once approved we also invite you to join the HK Flat Classroom Workshop Group http:// flatclassroomconference.ning. com/group/ hkflatclassroomworkshop2009 By doing this we will be able to keep track of all participants and share essential ideas and notices. Encourage your students to ‘find’ their team members on the Ning and to start conversations prior to meeting in Hong Kong.
There will be another update next weekend, just a few days before we all meet at HKIS on the Thursday afternoon. Please do not hesitate to ask questions about the program, the teams etc. Note however that I will be offline and traveling in China for the next 4 days.
We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and exploring flattened learning modes together.
I’ll admire from afar, wish I could go!
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)