My inbox is filling up with companies letting me know what educators are getting, some I had missed. (Also, a few have told me they'll be announcing ad-free sites in the next week, but I cannot share it yet. I will when I can.)
Here is a biggie…
Free Unlimited Use of Virtual Conferencing With Elluminate
October 2, 2007 Press Release
Details of the arrangement are on Elluminate's website. But you can sign up to use this service immediately. If you are doing collaborative projects, this is a must do. For Flat classroom we have weekly meetings in elluminate that we record and share with the others. This is an incredible service!
What are the details?
What You Get …
- Unlimited access of Elluminate Live! Lite Edition for one year, with full-duplex audio, shared whiteboard, chat, math symbol library, graphing calculator, advanced moderator tools, and much more.
- Free Elluminate Plug-in for your favorite Learning Management System
- Lite Edition virtual classroom software hosted by Elluminate — or on your own server.
- Easy upgrade to complete functionality of Elluminate Live! Academic Edition™What You Can Do …
- Launch synchronous sessions directly from Blackboard or Moodle
- Add live interaction, dynamic discussion
- Keep participants engaged in learning
- Invite remote guest speakers
- Connect online and onsite participants
- Facilitate creation of online communities
- Create, list, and modify scheduled classroomsWhat's Next…
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)