Do yourself a favor today – do one or more of these:
- If you have a mother, dad, or family member you haven't talked to in a while… give them a call.
- Write a note to someone just to thank them for something they have done.
- Smile at a stranger and give him/ her an honest compliment.
- Take time to do something really crazy with the kids that will shock them.
- Fix a great dinner with all his/ her favorite things to eat as a suprise.
- Call your spouse or girlfriend / boyfriend and say “Just calling to check on you – is there anything I can do to help you? and DON'T ASK THEM TO DO ANYTHING.”
- Do the one chore someone you live with hates doing most.
- Write a note and hide it in the pocket of someone you love so they can find it later.
- Do something thoughtful for someone you love.
- Do something thoughtful for someone you're having trouble getting along with.
- Think of something that one student who is struggling in your class does well — and compliment them on it next time you see them.
- Don't let yourself say anything negative today.
- If you see someone down on Twitter, send them a kind comment.
- Any other thing that shows kindness to another person.
Though it may seem like you're doing something for someone else (and you are), you're really blessing yourself.
Life is short and the times we do for others with such kindnesses are often the greatest favors we do ourselves.
Have a blessed and wonderful day celebrating the birth and life of a great man who spent himself and ultimately gave his life in the service of others and a dream.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.