Two cool contests for kids, Doodle 4 Google is going again and a PBS Kids writing contest for K-3rd grade. My students turned up an awesome website for doing cool things with your wiki and I’ve learned a trick about blogging on WordPress.
Meanwhile, I love the inspirational photo of the day — life is like photography, you use the negatives to develop! Wow. Why do we perceive negative as such a bad thing? Because we want to think we’re perfect? If you look at trees that grow in controlled environments – they are often tall and straight but couldn’t survive in nature where trees are battered and hurled about by the wind.
The greatest among us usually have failed more – they’ve just kept going. Let’s be that person who keeps going because it isn’t IF you’ll have setbacks, but rather, it is WHEN you’ll have a set back.
Failure comes, not when you fall, but when you refuse to get up.
Get up and get going and make a difference in your classroom today.
Your fellow teacher and admirer,
Cool Contests for Kids
Wiki Tricks and Hacks
- gettingtrickywithwikis – homeThis awesome website was found by my students. It is called “getting tricky with wikis” and has every trick you can imagine for making a wiki do cool things. I love how my students found this. I was in my classroom and kept going “wow, how did you do that.” so, after two days of this project, they were blowing me away. That is because they’ve learned how to search for and find tutorials. Bookmark this one if you use wikispaces.tags: wiki wikispaces education edtech all_teachers bestpractices
- WordPress: Old Posts Made New Again with These PluginsSo if you have wordpress and have several thousand posts, there are ways to reshare that content.tags: education news blogging
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)