“Penguin Classics On Air online radio broadcast covering BANNED and CHALLENGED books, which you can listen to here: http://penguin.com/pconair. This 20 minute broadcast is broken up into easily digestible 6 minute sections and covers banned or challenged classics old (Huckleberry Finn) and new (Harry Potter). The show also features interviews from librarian extraordinaire and BOOK CRUSH author Nancy Pearl as well as author Rick Wartzman and would surely make an excellent multimedia supplement to any lesson plan on banned books or freedom of speech. “
Cool new Learning Game from Microsoft that Kicks off TODAY!
“During the first Thanksgiving NFL game, over 300 students will be playing the newly launched game InterroBANG, which you can follow live at www.interrobang.com. This educational game is now available for teachers/students through June 2011. Teams can play and compete for great prizes, including Xbox Kinect.”
It is great to see organizations support educational gaming. Let's make learning fun!
Some advice to new teachers that I shared over on success in the classroom's blog.
It is tough to raise money these days as I know from working to find scholarships for students to the Flat Classroom Conference. This is from Ford Focus and I wanted to share with those who are also raising money for their organization.
“What’s in it for those Submitting Videos?
Selected participants, along with a friend, will get a free trip to Madrid, Spain on February 18-20th to test drive the all-new Ford Focus. Additionally, Ford will make a $10,000 contribution to the qualified charity of the participant's choice.
What Should the Video Include?
It's important to note that contributing to this effort is not about fancy video production. Winning video submissions will include the following basics:
* Details about the charitable cause you are supporting (select from Ford's list or choose one of your own as long as it falls into the category of Education, Environment, or Hunger)
* How you would help your chosen charity start something more with a $10k contribution
* Why you are excited to drive the all-new Ford Focus
I am happy to help answers questions you may have about the program dymanics and look forward to speaking with you. All the details can be found by clicking here (you'll be prompted to like the page in order to learn about the campaign, see the video explaining it, review current entries, etc.)”
Lots of math games for your interactive whiteboard.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)