- I Am Leaving Social Media – Joel Comm – JoelComm.com
I read Joel Comm's book Twitter Power and it has been one of my longtime favorites on the topic. Here he talks brutally about the negatives of social media. I admit the topic caught my attention. I”ve just found that if I'm brutal about who I follow and make sure they're real educators, I'm usually pretty happy with my stream. I unfollow junk as soon as it is evident it is junk. Ultimately we all must guard who we follow or we might just find ourselves following the garbage truck.
- Dead Drops | Un-cloud your files in cement! ‘Dead Drops’ is an anonymous, offline, peer to peer file-sharing network in public space.
Dead drops.com has a list of dead drops around the world. Some of my students brought this in as a maker project that they want to do in Friday's #geniushour . Honestly, I'd never heard of this and I'm not sure what I think about this. It could easily be used for great things – sharing photos or making a time capsule of sorts, but it could also be use to pirate files. It is interesting what happens when students bring in ideas.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)