Every student should know how to take a screenshot. A screenshot is simply a picture of the screen.
Why do you need to know how to take a screenshot?
- To get technical support
- To create new things! (with permission, of course)
- To share!
- To document things that happen online for safety reasons (see below)
Four Ways to Take a Screenshot in Windows
In this tutorial, I cover 4 ways to take a screenshot.
- The hotkeys built in with Windows (both the whole screen and just the active window)
- Using the Windows Snipping tool
- The Screenshot tools built into Microsoft Office
- Adding the Snagit Plug in to Chrome
I want my students to understand all four of them. The audio isn't so perfect on this one, but I hope it helps you see what I teach my students.