Being a teacher is pretty thankless but if a kind note every comes you way, it just means so much. Very grateful. I will treasure this one and aspire to be helpful and encouraging to an incredible profession who needs to again glimpse their own nobility in the mirror.
BAM Radio Network has gone from 67,000 visitors a month to over 600,000 visitors a month just in the past year. That 600,000 is largely educators. Every Classroom Matters has been part of this network for 18 months and over 100 episodes. This show is a work of heart because the true stars of each show are teachers, students, researchers, professors, and those who are really doing incredible things in the classroom every day. You might not see super-famous people on the show, but that is what makes it so great — real people are doing really awesome things everyday in education. We need to learn from each other.
This was an awesome category with four other shows sharing finalist spots. Please take time to listen to these incredible shows! All of these other hosts are my friends and a respected part of my own PLN.
- Joe Sanfelippo & Tony Sinanis – BrandED show
- Edtechchat Radio Hosts (Susan Bearden, Sharon Plante, Katrina Stevens, Tom Murray, Alex Podchaski)
- Don Wettrick – InnovatED
- Brad Currie, Billy Krakower, Scott Rocco – #satchat radio
I would be remiss if I didn't thank:
- Errol Smith and Rae Pica – my mentors (Errol is also executive producer of the show)
- Jeannette Bernstein – my senior producer
- Lisa Durff – my production coordinator
- My family and Donna Miller – for tiptoeing around the house when I'm taping “the show” and knowing I was doing it because it was important to me.
- Every single guest who took their time to tell their story
- All of you who have made Every Classroom Matters part of your busy day.
And a special shout out to a sweet listener who emailed me this week asking if things are OK. The BAMMYs had sidetracked the publishing of a few shows on the site but we're back up and rolling today. Thanks again friends, for a show without listeners is just data taking up space on a server.
The honor to the show is truly mine. I pray it is helpful to as many people as possible. Thank you all for your part in sharing the story of the show. Because every single classroom matters!