Sylvia Duckworth (@sylviaduckworth) is a leading sketch note artist in education today. Her new book Sketchnotes for Educators: 100 Inspiring Illustrations for Lifelong Learners is a MUST BUY for every teacher and administrator.
SMART Learning Suite is today’s sponsor. Register for my free Differentiating Instruction with Technology webinar sponsored by SMART Learning Suite next Thursday, February 9 at 4pm.
Happy Motivational Monday! To get us motivated and remind us all why we’re in this profession, we discuss the six most popular sketch notes and how they can motivate us to be better teachers. We’ll also be giving away one of Sylvia’s Sketchnotes for Education books in today’s giveaway!
In this episode, Sylvia talks about some of her most popular sketch notes.These notes include the following and are shared with Sylvia’s permission. If you want to find all her other incredible sketch notes, you’ll need to buy the book which comes with download links so you can print on paper or poster for your school. (Scroll down for show notes, links, and the transcript.)
Listen now! Time (10:00 minutes)
- Listen on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
I loved hearing the backstory behind these. Her most motivating sketch notes include:
1. Life (A Poem)
2. 12 Benefits of Creativity
3. The IceBerg Illusion
Today’s Give Away Contests! We have 3 give aways going right now. People who leave a review on iTunes will be entered in our drawing for 3 different items. (see rules at the bottom of this post and instructions on how to leave a review:iPhone/iPad or PC/Mac instructions ):
- SMART Learning Suite (today’s sponsor)
- Sylvia Duckworth’s Book, Sketchnotes for Educators
- Even if you win, everyone is entered in the drawing for the MakerBot Replicator Mini+
4. Your Comfort Zone
5. 10 Ways to Flip a Kid and Turn His Day Around
6. 10 Reasons Why Every Teacher Needs a PLN
I hope you enjoy this episode with Sylvia Duckworth ! Leave a review on iTunes to enter today’s contest for the Makerbot Replicator Mini+. See below for contest rules.
Want to hear another motivating show? Hear NASSP 2017 Digital Principal of the Year David Geurin talk about helping teachers find their blind spots from episode 4.
Selected Links from this Episode (in order of mention)
- Smart Learning Suite – http://cctea.ch/10MT-smartlab
- Free Webinar on Differentiated Instruction https://www.coolcatteacher.com/free-webinar-differentiate-instruction- technology
- Sylvia Duckworth – https://sylviaduckworth.com/
- Sketchnotes for Educators http://amzn.to/2kFv1rV
- “Life” by L.R. Knost https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7283974-life-is-amazing-and-then-it-s-awful-and-then-it-s
- Sir Ken Robinson http://sirkenrobinson.com/
- Bounce: Mozart, Federer, Picasso, Beckham, and the Science of Success http://amzn.to/2jN0wnY
- 10 Ways to Flip a Kid and Turn Their Day Around https://www.coolcatteacher.com/10-ways-to-flip-a-kid-and-turn-their-day-around/
Sylvia Duckworth @sylviaduckworth is a French teacher and Tech Coach, at Crescent School in Toronto. She and her students love Google Apps for Education and can’t imagine life without them. Sylvia blogs at https://sylviaduckworth.com/
Contests included in this show
- See the contest rules for the SMART Learning Suite and MakerBot Replicator Mini+ in last week’s show.
- BOOK GIVEAWAY: Sketchnotes for Educators: 100 Inspiring Illustrations for Lifelong Learners by Sylvia Duckworth
- Manner of Selection of Winners: All participants with a valid Twitter or Instagram handle who leave a review on iTunes for the 10-Minute Teacher between February 3, 2017 and midnight on February 5, 2017 will have their handles put into a random drawing to determine the winner.
- Geographic Area and Eligibility: This is being shipped by the author and the location that is being shipped to should be commensurate with the shipping cost to North America. If it is not, an alternate winner may be awarded.
- Dates: February 3, 2017 – February 5, 2017 at midnight EST.
- How Prizes Will be Awarded: All names of people who leave reviews on iTunes will be put into a random drawing by the prize administrator.
- Determination of date of winner: February 6, 2017 the name will be drawn and the winner will be notified.
- No purchase necessary.
- Alternate method of free participation. You may also enter with a social media posting on Instagram or Twitter linking to the show using the hashtag #10MT.
- Winner’s name will be posted on this blog before February 27, 2017.
- Void where prohibited.
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post and podcast episode”. The company who sponsored it compensated me via cash payment, gift, or something else of value to edit and post it. Additionally, some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I may receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers and are from companies I can recommend. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.) Please also note that all opinions are my own or belonging to the guest on the show and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any sponsor or employer.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.