What if you can stop parent problems before they happen? Second grade teacher Erin Klein shares a 10-minute treasure trove of ideas that work! Parents are our partners. Let's do this!
- How can we prevent “helicopter parenting?”
- How can we be less defensive when parents ask questions?
- How do you get parents to actually read what you send them?
- How to help all parents, tutors, and IEP teams on the same page with current student work.
[tweetthis]The more ways you teach, the more students you'll reach. @kleinerin #edchat[/tweetthis]
- Three Ring
- Haiku Learning
- Text messaging has been shown by Stanford University researchers as one of the best ways to engage parents.
- Helping the Poor in Education, the Power of a Simple Nudge
- Bloomz is your one-stop solution for parent-teacher communications. More than just connecting with their cell phones, you can send long or short messages. You can send pictures and links. You can even coordinate volunteer schedules, donations, and parent teacher conferences. I’m using Bloomz in my classroom.
[button href=”http://www.bamradionetwork.com/index.php?option=com_adagency&controller=adagencyAds&task=click&cid=17&bid=51&aid=3″ primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Set up your free Bloomz account today[/button]
[button href=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/everyclassroommatters” primary=”false” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Join the Every Classroom Matters Awesome Educators Network on Facebook[/button]
[callout]Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via cash payment, gift, or something else of value to edit and post it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers and are from companies I can recommend. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.)[/callout]
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.