Students can change the future. You can be part of it. Today, Staples pledged $10 million to Think It Up. Think It Up is a nonprofit supported by the Entertainment Industry, Donorschoose.org, and Staples. We can help our students create, invent, and share their projects — AND RECEIVE FUNDING! I’m so excited!
According to the press release,
Through Think It Up, students will be able to work with their teachers to identify passion projects for their classrooms. Through this collaborative learning process, student-powered, teacher-led projects will be crowdfunded on Thinkitup.org.
Passion projects are going mainstream. This mechanism to help kids fund their projects is now in place. It has the support of many great organizations. This emphasis on students is exactly why I’m representing Staples as their Back to School Ambassador.
Now, we need your support. There are two ways teachers can help.
- Plan to help your students create and propose their own passion projects to do in your classroom this fall. Put Think It Up in your lesson plans and passion projects for this year.
- You can donate at your local Staples store
I love this promotion because it puts students in the driver’s seat of their own passion projects. This is where they belong.
So, parents, friends, everyone you know, start talking to kids about their passions. Help them create projects. And let’s get these projects funded. Who knows what they’ll dream up?
Want to know more?
We’re hosting a Twitter party this Thursday 7/9/2015 at 7pm using the #StaplesForStudents RSVP at this link: http://vite.io/staplesforstudents
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)