Barb Gilman (known as @barbinnebraska) has a classroom rich with a love of reading. Today she talks about strategies any teacher can use to help kids love reading. She starts with a sign posting what she's reading now! I've heard other educators (including my friend Todd Nesloney) who have teachers in their schools post what they are reading.
This episode is sponsored by 3D Bear. Join me, Jaime
– Wife, mother, and Catholic School Teacher
– 15 years teaching 3rd graders at St. Margaret Mary School in Omaha, Nebraska
– Co-Founder of #CatholicEdChat a Twitter Chat for Catholic school teachers- Saturday’s 8am CT. We started November 2012
– Blogger at Catechists Journey for Loyola Press https://catechistsjourney.loyolapress.com/author/barb/ since November 2014
– 2014 NCEA Distinguished Teacher for the Plains States
– 5 time presenter at the NCEA national convention
– Cover Girl for Today’s Catholic Teacher, Fall 2016
– Co-Organizer of #NECathEdCamp, founded 2015
– Follow me on Twitter @BarbInNebraska
Some of the links in this blog post are affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend products that I would recommend anyway. There is no additional cost to you, however, if you do not wish to support this blog in such a way or want to support your local bookstore, I recommend that you do so.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)