Today Jennifer Cronk @jenniferacronk helps us empower those with special needs. She shares her treasure chest of favorite edech tools for those with special needs. This show is a must-listen for special needs teachers.
This episode is sponsored by Bloomz, my favorite tool for parent communication. They are sponsoring April's free webinar, 5 Habits to Start Now to Thrive in the Fall. You don't have to give up your summer to prepare. Learn what I do now to make the fall even more wonderful!
Click the button for iTunes or Stitcher to subscribe to this show
In today's show, we'll discuss special needs edtech with Jennifer Cronk and:
- Why speech recognition empowers students
- How to help students guide their eyes in online reading
- Accessibility tools
- Why we should help students select tools and empower their own learning
- A full edtech treasure chest for special needs students
I hope you enjoy this episode with Jennifer!
Want to hear another episode on helping people with special needs? Listen to Jennifer’s show last week talk about Motivating Special Needs Breakthroughs.
Selected Links from this Episode
- Speech Recognition Add-On for chrome
- Google Voice Typing
- Bee Line Reader
- Dyslexia Reader Chrome
- Chromebook Accessibility
- Crafty Cursor
- Crafty Zoom
- See all of the Crafty Extensions
- Speak It
- Read Write Toolbar
- See the webinar and the info I have on Read Write Toolbar in my 15 favorite add-ons for Google Chrome
- Talk and Comment Extension
- Bloomz Spring Webinar – 5 Things You Can Do Now to Thrive in the Fall
Full Bio As Submitted
Jennifer Cronk is an Assistant Manager of Emerging Technologies for the Southern Westchester BOCES in New York. She currently oversees and strategically plans the Google Apps transformations of several school districts in Westchester county. Jennifer began her career in 1996 as a computer teacher and passionately pursued the ed tech field for twenty years. Jennifer presents nationally at instructional technology conferences, and workshops on integrating Google Apps and other emerging technologies into learning. She is a Google Certified Innovator and Google Education Trainer. In addition, Jennifer is also certified: administrator, english teacher, elementary teacher and educational technology specialist. Jennifer also blogs about “digital parenting”, professional development and educational technology at www.transparentlyteaching.com and is a co-host of the blab.im show “Positively Special Ed”.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)