Today Kyle Taylor @kyletaylor13 and his school have implemented iPads with Google Classroom and are saving half (yes, I said half) of what it previously cost to set up a classroom with technology. Today, learn all about their decision making process and how teachers are using iPads and Google classroom to teach.
- Listen on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- How to create an optimal learning environment with Google Classroom and iPads
- Why iPads are well suited for creation
- How the work flows from creation to Google Classroom
- Why teachers are excited to be able to share videos and lessons
- How Kyle encourages teachers who are struggling with something new
I hope you enjoy this episode with Kyle!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @kyletaylor13
- Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com
- Google Apps for Education (Now called G Suite for Education https://support.google.com/a/answer/139019?hl=en )
- Xtra Math – https://xtramath.org/#/home/index
- Walkthrough Training Document for Google Classroom that Kyle Created: https://medium.com/@kylegavintaylor/google-classroom-26e72f5e6d78#.retfqn1iu
- Apple TV http://www.apple.com/tv/
Kyle says, “I am currently an Instructional Technology Coordinator for Arlington Public Schools in Virginia where I support, assist, plan classroom lessons and provide technology coaching for teachers and students.
This is my 7th year as an ITC, I previously taught Geography at a community college in my home state of Massachusetts. I am passionate about teamwork, collaboration, and the important role that technology plays in exciting learners to be creative.”
Book GIVE AWAY: This week, this show is giving away The Little Things book by Andy Andrews. He also has free downloadable companion curriculum based on many of his best selling books here. He’s not paying me anything, I just like this book and would like to share it.
Manner of Selection of Winners: All participants with a valid Twitter or Instagram handle who leave a review on iTunes for the 10-Minute Teacher between Monday, March 6, 2017, and midnight on Sunday, March 12, 2017, will have their handles put into a random drawing to determine the winner. We will give away 5 copies of this book
Geographic Area and Eligibility: This is being shipped by the author and the location that is being shipped to should be commensurate with the shipping cost to North America. If it is not, an alternate winner may be awarded.
Dates: Monday, March 6, 2017, – Sunday, March 12, 2017 at midnight EST.
How Prizes Will be Awarded: All names of people who leave reviews on iTunes during this review period will be put into a random drawing by the prize administrator.
Determination of date of winner: Wednesday, March 14, 2017, the name will be drawn and the winner will be notified. No purchase necessary.
Alternate method of free participation. You may also enter with a social media posting on Instagram or Twitter linking to the show using the hashtag #10MT. Winner’s name will be posted on this blog before March 31, 2017. Void where prohibited.