What a great article! I'm posting this for posterity and for my future blogging classes. (I am going to teach them the search feature of blogs with this.) Amanda LaBonar writes an excellent article for the Marquette Tribune, Personal Responsibility needed when blogging.
It is an excellent article. I picked it up from Anne Davis (no relation) at the anne.teachesme blog. Anne, in true teacher form creates an excellent synopsis of the article.
- Freedom of speech comes with personal responsibility.
- Everything you post represents you.
- I don't post anything I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone, from my parents to potential employers, viewing.
- We complain about free speech being taken away, but we are giving away our privacy without a second thought.
- I'm not bowing to the administration or running scared that something I might post will get me more then a slap on the wrist. I'm being realistic. These posts reflect you, and you never know who is looking at them.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.