Join me and other education leaders at the upcoming online conference Engage 2021 sponsored by Kognity. Many of your favorite speakers including George Couros, Eric Sheninger, Monica Burns, and David Geurin, and more will be sharing their expert tips with you. I’ll be sharing my 50+ ways to use technology in the classroom updated with new tools and tips for the challenges of teaching in 2021. In this post, I'll share three reasons you'll want to sign up now and how to register.
1. Engage 2021 Has Exciting Speakers on Problems You Need to Solve Now
As you check out the schedule and topics, remember that the website is in GMT +1 time (That is 6 hours time difference for me here in the US Eastern Time Zone. So my keynote of 50+ Ways to Use Technology in Your Classroom shows at 4 pm on their schedule and is at 10 am in EST on February 4 — but there are recordings!)
This global event will have educators and speakers from around the world sharing up to date best practices. The live conference is a mix of interactive and hands-on workshops, keynote sessions, and panel discussions. If you’re looking for excellent PD, this is the conference.
Engage 2021 Topics
Selected topics include:
- Educators in an Unpredictable World: Here We Grow! – David Geurin
- 12 Formative Assessment Tips to Elevate Student Voice – Monica Burns
- Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times – Eric Sheninger
- 50 Ways to Improve Your Classroom with Technology – Me. ;-)
- The Innovator’s Mindset – George Couros
- Beginners Guide to Augmented and Virtual Reality – Jaime Donally
- Interactive Student Journaling in Digital Spaces – Monica Burns
- Using Technology With A Heart: Empowering All Students to Contribute, Whether Face-to-Face, Hybrid, or Remote – Stacey Roshan
- Social writing as a tool for interdisciplinary student engagement – Fabrice Guerrier
- Fireside Chat: finding success with EdTech – Andy Rhodes
- Reframing “Think Global, Act Local” in an age of lockdowns & online learning. – Laurence Myers
- 2021 Leadership and 21st C skills – the global need for training in resilience, critical thinking, principled judgement and the development of evidence based arguments – Lance King
- Leveraging technology to create challenging learning experiences in mathematics class – Anna Solovyev
- Measuring School Outcomes – Jen Olmsted
- Using Open-ended Games in Exam-based Curricula – John Riley
- Educators as Innovators: Design Thinking in Leading and Teaching – Michael Ryan and L. Bulosan, MA
- Take AR/VR to the Next Level Jaime Donally
- Dynamic Approaches to Learning in the History/Social Studies Classroom – Nate Gildart
- Using Feedback to drive teaching and learning in the IB – Jen Olmsted
- Integrating Digital Learning Tools in Classrooms – Andy Rhodes
- Documentary Filmmaking in the Classroom – Richard Jones – Nerzic
- The Role of Alternative Teaching Methods in the High School Classroom – John Riley
- Integrating a personalised backward design model in online science classrooms – Saibhavya Prabu
- Lessons from Extreme Economies. A discussion with Author Richard Davies
- Tool Sessions on: Padlet, Microsoft Teams, Kognity, and more.
2. You can View Recordings of Engage 2021 Until May 1
Participants will have access to the live sessions on February 4th and be able to participate in discussions and ask questions as part of the Q&A. Additionally, you will have access to the session recordings to listen to again until May 1.
3. Get Up to Date on Education Best Practice Now
Best practices in world-class education are changing rapidly and you’ll want to come to this conference to refresh and get up-to-date on how to reach and engage your students in learning wherever they are. We can do this!
How do I register for Engage 2021?
To register for this event, and to find out more about the speakers, go to engage.kognity.com/register. This is going to be a fantastic event where we can share experiences and explore new digital possibilities!
What does the conference cost?
Individual tickets are 75 EUR (around $92 in USD) and group tickets of 5 or more are 50 EUR (around $61 in USD). If you’re a Cool Cat Teacher newsletter subscriber or 10 Minute Teacher listener, check out those platforms for a code for the first 100 to register for the conference for free.
Who is Kognity?
The sponsor of this event, Kognity, is a leading learning platform for international schools used by thousands of teachers in 106 countries. Kognity is a Swedish edtech company that focuses on creating high-quality interactive content and time-saving features for teachers.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.