And don't “assume” that “someone” will nominate your favorite. A lot of bloggers (like me) will not nominate their own blog for an award. (There is a story behind that for me, but no time to tell it now.)
Go here to nominate by November 21st! (There are a lot of educational blog awards out there that are basically ignored by edubloggers, however, this is one by edubloggers for edubloggers and for me, carries a lot of prestige. So please, participate.)
Here are the categories:
2007 Nomination categories:
1. Best individual blog
The best edublog maintained by an individual
2. Best group blog
The best edublog maintained by more than one person
3. Best new blog
The best new edublog (group or individual) of 2007
4. Best resource sharing blog
The best edublog of whose primary purpose is to share information, links and resources.
5. Best designed blog
The most beautiful edublog
6. Most influential blog post
The edublog post that has had the biggest impact (for better or worse!)
7. Best blogged research paper or project
The best research paper or project in any field that has been
committed to an edublog
8. Best teacher blog
The best blog kept by a teacher for or about teaching
9. Best higher-education student blog
The best blog kept by a student in higher education (16+)
10. Best librarian / library blog
The best edublog kept by, for or about a library or librarian.
11 .Best educational tech support blog
The best edublog for providing hints, tips and support for your tech needs.
12. Best elearning / corporate education blog
The best edublog kept by or written about education and training in a business context.
13. Best educational use of audio
The best use of the audio medium in any form.
14. Best educational use of video / visual
The best use of the visual medium in any form.
15. Best educational wiki
The best educational use of a wiki.
16. Best educational use of a social networking service
The best educational use of any social networking service.
17. Best educational use of a virtual world
The best educational use of any virtual world space.
18. Best educational use of open source
The best educational use of an open source platform.
19. Digizen’s 13-19 competition
20. Conveners award
A special award given to an edublog that particularly deserves to be of note.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)