Mondays are hard for (almost) everyone. What if we started the week with reminding students how much they and their work matters? Let's challenge every teacher we know to begin celebrating Mattering Mondays.
We know that we need students to be more engaged. We also know that when students feel like they matter and they are doing work that matters that they are more engaged. What if the learners and teachers knew that Mondays would be not drudgery but a reminder of how important they are to the world?
Why do we need #matteringmonday in schools?
I'm all in on Mattering. My problem is that it is easy to do something one time and forget. I DON'T WANT TO FORGET MATTERING I want to do it all the time. Don't you? So, every Monday, I will intentionally level up mattering in my classroom. While kids matter every single day, Monday is my day to intentionally pull mattering into the curriculum. Will you join me?
How Our Questions Can Show Students That they Matter
As part of #matteringmonday this week, Angela Maiers talks about how the right questions show people that they matter. Beautiful questions are exciting. (See all of the episodes in this series here.)
Resources in this Show
- A Beautiful Question: The Magic of Inquiry to Spark Breakthrough
- Listen to all episodes of this series.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)