Learn about the newest innovations in testing and assessment. You can improve retention and lower anxiety. Try these simple strategies from Todd Finley.
2 Power Assessment Tips: Learn about how Todd combines social-emotional learning with formative assessment. Plus, he has powerful year-end strategies that reduce test anxiety.
Thank You Fresh Grade, Today's Sponsor
If you go to Fresh Grade's site, you'll also get a bonus episode with Todd about The Biggest Mistake Teachers Make When Giving Their End of the Year Grade.”
What You'll Hear When You Listen to This Episode
- Research about lowering test anxiety and what Todd Found when he tried it.
- How social-emotional learning as part of formative assessment can lower anxiety and increase retention. (with examples)
- How to help kids get excited about tests and quizzes and the research on why this works.
- Some powerful ways to end the school year with assessment.
- Learn about the anonymous letters that Todd has the students write at the end of the school year.
Todd Finley, PhD, is a tenured professor of English Education at East Carolina University and a staff writer and assistant editor for Edutopia. He has taught elementary and 7-12th grade English and co-developed the Tar River Writing Project. He is the author books, Dinkytown Braves and Rethinking Classroom Design.