We can enable students to personalize their own learning. With apps, tools, and knowledge about how they learn, students who have learning differences can empower themselves to learn better and faster. I have learned this from experience both with my students and my children who have learning differences.
I won't use the word learning “disabilities” because I believe students just learn differently and are ABLE to learn. Because they learn differently, they need different tools. In the Personalized Learning Summit, I'll be co-hosting the “Enabling Students to Personalize Their Own Learning” in Room 8.
The Summit will happen from 1-3 pm ET on Thursday, December 6. You can register even if you cannot attend and you'll be able to access the notes and information from all of the rooms in the summit.
If you want to personalize learning, you'll want to join in this mega- event.
What will we be discussing about personalizing learning?
- The challenges of differentiating instruction
- We'll encourage sharing of best practices in personalization
- How to make time to personalize when we have so much to do
- At 2pm we'll have a speed sharing round of tools for enabling students to personalize their learning (and while this session is sponsored by Texthelp, they are encouraging us to share lots of tools to help students learn!)
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)