George Siemens has planned another blockbuster FREE educational conference.
I highly suggest sending your teachers and administrators to http://www.umanitoba.ca/learning_technologies/conferences/foe/ to sign up and to participate. Not only will they learn but they will USE the technologies like Elluminate that are going to be must-haves for the school of the future.
I'm excited about presenting this Saturday morning at 8 am EST with my friend and “co-worker” Julie Lindsay — “My Seatmate Lifes in China: The Imperative for Global Collaborative Projects.” (See the schedule.)
I hope you'll join in and participate. Here is the information that George Siemens mailed out this morning — you need to go over to his site to subscribe to receive updates.
We’re excited to begin our Future of Education conference on June 4. A brief introductory audio welcome is available here: http://www.elearnspace.org
Over the duration of the next few weeks, I will provide daily emails and updates advance reading resources, and short audio files or presentations.
For now, as a conference participant, please do the following:
1. Go to Attendr and state where you will be joining the conference: http://attendr.com/foe
2. Create an account in Moodle (or if you attended our last conference, you will already have one setup): http://ltc.umanitoba.ca/moodle
(click “login” on the top right hand side…it will take you to the login page, or allow you to set up an account…the “create new account” button will be on the right hand side of the page)
3. Spiff up your profile in Moodle…feel free to add an image, contact info
4. Post an introductory comment (select “forums” on the left-hand side)
5. Start dialoguing on areas of personal interest…or offer suggestions on how we can improve the conference…
Conference Tag: FOE2007 (if you blog the conference or use social bookmarking tools)
The conference site for signing up for the event (if you received this email, you are already signed up…but feel free to pass along to colleagues): http://umanitoba.ca/learning
The conference schedule: http://umanitoba.ca/learning
Access information to the live portion (in elluminate) will be forwarded toward the end of the week.
Please be aware as well that what you post on the Moodle Site or during the live presentation will be public. We will be using the conference itself for researching effective online conferences, as well as the nature of online dialogue and discourse.
Please let me know if you have any questions…
The map of participants is indeed impressive. (Click on the world map in the bottom left corner to see all of those who are participating!) WOW!
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)