Eric Sheninger @NMHS_Principal is the real deal. He’s the principal at New Milford High School in New Jersey.
Eric has written a new book to be released tomorrow (Jan 14, 2014), Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times.
About the book: Digital Leadership
When I read a preview copy, I was very impressed with his explanation of Michael Fullan’s Six Secrets of Change as it relates to schools (See p 53 and also The Six Secrets of Change: What the Best Leaders Do to Help Their Organizations Survive and Thrive) and Eric’s 7 Part framework to help schools harness the power of digital technologies.
About Eric: From visiting his school
You should see how his teachers feel about him! When I was at New Milford high to keynote Edscape 2012 and talked to teachers, you can’t fake the look of admiration in their eyes. He doesn’t have the newest building, he doesn’t have lots of money. He does have the respect of his staff, a top flight use of the technology he has, and a can-do attitude that can teach all of us.
I recommend you purchase this book for your principals and IT directors now.
Who will be interested in this podcast?
I think every educator should understand the premises of an excellent use of digital technology in school because if you’re reading my blog or listening to this podcast, you’re probably a leader in your school.
My favorite part of the show?
I love it when Eric talks about how we use technology, BYOD, and what it means to “love your employees” in a professional way. How does that work in practice? I also like how he talks about excuses because we’ve all got them.
Add Eric Sheninger to your PLN
- Twitter: @NMHS_Principal
- Website: http://ericsheninger.com/esheninger?sid=28
- Eric’s Blog: http://esheninger.blogspot.com/
- Book: Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times
- New Milford HS Principal Eric Sheninger Named NASSP 2012 Digital Principal
- USA Weekend Cover Story (8/23/13)
Every Classroom Matters is a bi-weekly podcast by Vicki Davis on BAM Radio network dedicated to excellent education. Listening will help you teach with better results, lead with a positive impact, and live with a greater purpose. Subscribe.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)