Isabella Liu is a science teacher in Hong Kong who is using technology with her grade 6-12 classrooms. From augmented reality to game-based learning and online portfolios, she has a variety of ideas to share about how she amps up her science teaching with technology.
This Thursday, December 6 from 1-3 pm Eastern Time, Edweek is hosting an event about personalized learning. I’ll be co-hosting a panel conversation on how I help kids learn how to personalize their own learning, how we can differentiate instruction, and we’ll have an “old fashioned” tool share at 2 pm in the room.
Even if you cannot attend live, you can sign up to review the links and transcripts later. Get ready to talk about Personalized Learning.
Listen to the show
- Merge Cubes (Merge Cube Mania in Middle School)
- Cospaces (5 Ways to Use Augmented Reality in the Classroom)
- See Saw
- Breakout EDU Kits
Isabella Liu’s Bio as Submitted
I am an educator who is passionate about inspiring young minds through integrative thinking, implementing technology and hands-on inquiry tasks. I incorporate a wide range of educational technologies (ex. gamification, VR/AR/MR, coding) to enrich my science curriculum. Please visit my blog http://theisabellaliu.com/ for more information.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)