Do you need help in learning how to teach online? Here's a free 3-hour course, Launching Online Learning, to get you started. Advancement Courses is a sponsor of my blog and podcast. They also shared in the 10 Essential Online Learning Best Practices. (The webinar is available on-demand here.)
How to teach online – learning outcomes
- Set up, organize, and find digital resources for your online learning environment.
- Identify best practices for designing digital lessons.
- Identify best practices for creating and curating online content.
- Learn how to create digital assessments.
- Develop strategies for delivering meaningful online instruction.
What will you receive?
Upon completion of this micro-course, you will receive a certificate from Advancement Courses notating that you’ve earned 3 PD hours, at no cost to you.
Why do you start here?
As we discussed in March's free webinar, many teaches are in a challenging situation right now. It is difficult to get started and relate it to the teaching you're already doing. As with anything we do in education, we don't start with the tools and technologies, we must start with the research. This course will be time well spent as you being your journey to teach online.
As we've also discussed in other content, remember to have compassion, caring, and love this time as it is a very traumatic situation. In some ways, your content is a conduit you have to help encourage and reach children who may be having a hard time right now. Teachers are often anchors and encouragement and we have to teach and work with compassion.
I'm sharing content on YouTube and other resources as well as the webinar where I shared how to work with online learning lwhich I highly recommend as well. Stay tuned for more resources as I blog and share them.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)