Those of you who were following me this Christmas may remember that many of us edubloggers used that time to bring awareness to this growing problem. (See: Calling all edubloggers: Let's free slaves this Christmas.)
Many aren't willing to speak out or even talk about this because it is an uncomfortable topic. Don't blame anyone's ancestors from years a go if you're not willing to talk about it today. To criticize anyone because their ancestors may have owned slaves when you know that there are more slaves in the world today than in the history of this small planet.
This is worth a post.
- Calling all Bloggers: Let's free slaves this Christmas #endslavery (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Slavery in Canada? Is that Possible? (wenswritings.wordpress.com)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)