Some schools need to reset their relationships with parents. Others want to make it stronger as they transition to a different form of learning. At the forefront of all of this is the psychological health of students during this time. JT Taylor is helping schools connect with parents and support them and today he gives advice to schools and teachers who are ready to move to better relationships with parents.
Learn How to Partner With Parents with JT Taylor
Subscribe to the Show
Related Shows You May Like
- Tools You Can Use to Get Parents and Teachers on the Same Side
- Absolutely Essential SEL Skills We Need During the Pandemic
- 10 Trauma-Informed Principles for Educators During the Coronavirus with Dr. Eric Rossen
- Building Good Relationships with Your Students’ Parents
- How Parents and Teachers Can Teach Empathy and Empowerment in the Aftermath of Tragedy
Jahkari “JT” Taylor – Bio as Submitted
Jahkari “JT” Taylor is an award-winning educator, author, researcher, and passionate speaker. JT is a 2016 Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator, the 2016 Teacher of the Year for Oscar F. Smith High School, and the 2017 Overall City-Wide Teacher of the Year for Chesapeake Public Schools. JT has presented at numerous K-12 schools, colleges/universities, and professional conferences across the nation. He has been featured in a WHRO commercial titled, “The Teaching Profession,” and he was recently selected as a 2019 ASCD Emerging Leader.
With three earned degrees and over 12 years of experience working as a Special Education Teacher, a Title I Instructional Coach, and an Educational Consultant, JT brings a unique perspective to the field of education. As the CEO of Purpose Pushers LLC, JT serves as the Chief Equity Officer. He provides consulting services, job-embedded coaching, and staff development in the areas of social-emotional learning (SEL), culturally responsive teaching practices, special education, and best instructional practices for reaching all learners.
JT’s motto is simple: “Know Your Why!”
Learn more at www.purposepushers.com
Dr. Alexander's Twitter: @purposepushers
Books by Jahkari H. Taylor:
- Relational Teaching: Conversation is the Key
- 7 Traits of a Teacher with a Purpose
- Overcoming Burnout: Daily Devotionals to Inspire Teachers
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.