Dr. Toby Travis, Headmaster and leadership consultant, talks about the effective methods of evaluating school leaders, focusing on the research.
Listen to the Show
- School leaders can complete a free self-assessment online at https://www.schoolright.net/trusted.html
- The Trust Edge by David Horsager
- School Leadership That Works by Robert Marzano, et. al:
- Good to Great and the Social Sectors by Jim Collins
Headmaster – Arizona
Dr. Toby A. Travis serves as the Headmaster of Desert Christian Schools in Tucson, Arizona (https://www.desertchristian.org/). Previous school leadership roles include Head of School at Colegio Menor (http://colegiomenor.edu.ec/en/campus/samborondon/) and Academic Director at the Alliance Academy International (http://www.alliance.k12.ec/). He is the creator of the TrustED 360 School Leadership Assessment (https://trustedschoolleader.com/trusted/training/trusted-assessments/), which provides the foundational data for the TrustED School Leadership Training modules (https://trustedschoolleader.com/trusted/training/).
Dr. Travis also serves as an Executive Consultant with the Global School Consulting Group (https://globalscg.org/). As a consultant, trainer, and presenter, he has assisted schools and universities throughout the USA, as well as in Canada, Mexico, England, Ireland, Wales, Poland, Germany, India, Sri Lanka, Guatemala, Belize, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Paraguay, Haiti, and Ecuador. In every setting, he endeavors to inspire and develop stronger research-based strategies for trusted leadership – so that schools are able to authentically and effectively accomplish their unique missions.
Learn more at the TrustED School Leader Blog: https://trustedschoolleader.com/.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)