Google Classroom makes sharing Google Docs, Presentations, and Spreadsheets easier. While it is not a learning management system, it is a handy tool for any teacher using GAFE (Google Apps for Education.) In today’s episode Alice Keeler, author of 50 Things You Can Do with Google Classroom updates us on the newest features. Alice says you can get set up in 12 minutes! From math class to history, you’ll learn something new. Listen Now.
Thank you JTouch by InFocus, Today’s Sponsor
[callout]My Interactive White Board (IWB) is gone, and I’m never going back. In today’s show, I’ll tell you how I’m using the Jtouch board in my classroom. It is much more than an interactive whiteboard. (In some ways it is like a massive touch screen computer.) But with Airplay and also a cool tool called LightCast, every single device in my BYOD classroom can broadcast to the Jtouch display at the front of my classroom. When I’m not teaching, I even show huge moving scenes from nature on the board. I love it. Listen to this show to learn more about how I’m using the Jtouch from Infocus or click here to see it in action. Thank you Jtouch for sponsoring today’s show.[/callout]
Essential Questions:10 More Things You Can Do Easier in Google Classroom
- What is Google Classroom?
- What are some of the things you can do with it?
- How do assignments work?
- What is the lesson workflow in Google Classroom?
- How can you give feedback to students while the work? (formative assessment tips)
- What does Google classroom NOT do?
- What are some examples of how Google Classroom is being used by teachers today.
Educator Resources from this Episode
- Alice Keeler @alicekeeler
- Google Classroom
- 50 Things You Can Do with Google Classroom by Alice Keeler and Libbi Miller