Today Adam Welcome @awelcome inspires us to treat kids in positive ways. As co-author of Kids Deserve It, Adam gives us all a task to do at school today. He also shares the shocking mistake he made when he started teaching. It was based on what he considers bad advice from a colleague. He discusses home visits and more.
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/36-give-kids-what-they-deserve-mondaymotivation/id1201263130?i=1000382838788&mt=2″ primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Listen on iTunes[/button]
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
- Enter the give away contest by clicking here.
In today's show, we'll discuss:
- What Adam believes kids deserve and how to give it to them as educators
- What he hopes every teacher and principal will do today to start the week off right
- A shocking mistake he made as a first year teacher and the bad advice he wished he hadn't followed
- Something unique he did on home visits with students when he was a principal
- A pep talk for educators
I hope you enjoy this episode with Adam!
Want to hear another Monday Motivation? Listen to Todd Nesloney's Monday Motivation episode. Todd is the other co-author of Kids Deserve It!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @awelcome
- Blog: www.adamwelcome.blogspot.com
- Kids Deserve It! book
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Giveaway Contest Link for Kids Deserve It!
[button href=”https://www.coolcatteacher.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/E036_10mt_welcom_deserveit.pdf” primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Download the Transcript[/button]
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links.
Adam Welcome is a Director of Innovation, co-author of Kids Deserve It, former Elementary Principal, marathon runner!