Darren Fix has a cool middle school science blog at www.sciencefix.com.
This is an example of how many niche teaching blogs are cropping up for just about any subject area.
Here’s Darren’s bio:
I have been a science teacher for 14 years. Currently I am teaching 7th and 8th grade science at Spring View Middle School, in Rocklin, Ca. I am also the lead technology teacher and I have a masters in education technology via the iMET masters program at California State University, Sacramento. I am a science and technology nerd who thoroughly enjoys teaching. I love to do demonstrations of science concepts and I also try to incorporate the latest discoveries in science into the classroom. I also integrate computer applications into the science curriculum to further enhance the learning experience.
Darren on Twitter: @sciencefix
I think this is a nice blog for middle school science teachers.
I’m going to work to find some more different teacher blogs as that is part of my own personal mission here: to encourage and advocate for teachers in the classroom who are doing really cool things to reach students. Feel free to share your favorite science blog from classroom teachers in the comments here so that those looking for them can find them!
So, head out and get your science fix!
- Heroes Among Us: I Want to Be”Bob” #actem10 (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Disney’s Planet Challenge Kicks off Year Two, Expands to Middle Schools (eon.businesswire.com)
- Reader Idea | A School Librarian Who Loves The New York Times (learning.blogs.nytimes.com)
- James Olson Wins SfN Science Educator Award (researchenterprise.wordpress.com)
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)