If you're attending NECC (or virtually attending):
If you have a Flickr Account,
- Join and post your photos to the NECC2007 Group set up by the Yahoo Educators folks.
- I had to set up another flickr separate from the one I use for school.
- I had to relearn how to use notes. Each photo you upload has a button that says Add note — you can see my room at NECC and workdesk— see the boxes, those are notes.
- Photos of NECC you'll want to see:
- I was inspired by Tim Wilson's podcave, although his room could fit about 5 of mine in it!
- David Warlick got a view of things before they start.
- David's photo of the announcement for the edublogger conference, seems like yesterday, Steve Hargadon was asking if it was a possibility.
- The organizers of NECC have been busy stuffing our bags.
- If you Flickr, just make sure to tag it NECC2007.
- Following David Warlick's Hitchhikr for NECC 2007 is a must, particularly if you're attending virtually. (I'm not sure why I'm having trouble opening up the posts, I've been having to go to the pages listed manually.)
- Will Richardson is pondering his mentor, Lawrence Lessig's career move and reflecting on his desire to help define the literacies and competencies that kids need. He has questions — I do too!
- My good friend Sharon Peters is pondering her recent career move out of the classroom. She will be making a difference for many students in her new role.
- Jennifer is just ready to get here! I was too.
- David Warlick gives some tips for coming down here to the south.
- Don't forget Steve Hargadon's session tags and feeds that he has set up. How useful!
- More people are posting their schedules.
- Lots of us are excited about edubloggercon.
Where I am Presenting
I'm not going to talk about sessions I'm going to b/c they may change and we all need to pick based upon what our objectives are for the conference. Let's say — I look for inspirational people wherever they are. So, here is where I'm presenting/attending.
Saturday, June 23
Attending Edubloggercon — All Day
|Sunday, June 24
| Refreshing NETS for Teachers: A Catalyst for Digital Age Teaching Standards [Other Program Events]
Location: OMNI Grand E
|Monday, June 25
1:40 – 2:00
| International Leadership Summit: Learning Technology Development, Research, and Dissemination [Other Program Events] (Presenting at the Poster Session with Julie Lindsay from 10:00 – 11:00)
Location: GWCC B203
Presenting at the Elluminate Booth
|Tuesday, June 26
|11:00 – 11:20 am
9:00 – 10:00 pm
| Presenting at the Elluminate booth
Flat Classroom Project: Online Learning with a Web 2.0 Spin [Poster] * (Vicki Davis With Julie Lindsay)
Tune in to edtechtalk.com for our LIVE NECC Supershow. Whether you're attending or not, come and share your WOW's and what you've learned.
|Wednesday, June 27
| Using Wikis in the Classroom [Session] *
Location: GWCC B308 (I will present with Adam Frey and Julie Lindsay)
| Women of Web 2.0: Collaborative Content Coaching [Session] *
Location: GWCC Murphy 4 (With all the ladies of Women of Web 2 -Jennifer, Cheryl, Sharon, and I!)
I'm excited (and nervous.) There are so many people I want to see and learn from. I also look forward to hearing the stories of many.
Remember, if you're attending virtually tag NECC2007 and virtual_attendee — I'm watching that list if any of you use it.
We will not be isolated… for a week anyway
I was thinking today, after reading that the primary reason that teachers quit in the first three years of teaching is isolation, that perhaps why we get so excited is that we have an audience — someone who understands how we feel about technology and its power to teach… or that we perceive feels the same way we do. I hope that it helps.
It is more than computer apps
I rode horses the other day and listened to a middle school principal talking about technology — he said that they have a computer applications class like that was it. It is so much more than just computer applications and so many computer applications classes are far short of what they need to be, in my opinion, as one who teaches them.
And yet my heart is elsewhere
I am excited — looking forward to meeting people. Hoping that people come to my sessions (don't we all) and I'm going to be honest here — very prayerful about my grandmother, who is in Tennessee and has come down with pneumonia.
I am concerned for her because she is far more important than a conference. My mother has told me to be here, but a part of me will be with her. We are waiting and watching to see what will happen.
I will work hard to honor her for she is truly a great woman — she gave up her hoped for college education to send her deaf brother to school and he went on to do amazing things as did she. (See my post about him.) She took me to Alaska as an impressionable eighth grader and invested her life in loving me, my sisters, and cousins. As I think of her, I will remember the words of her favorite song, His Eye is on the Sparrow, and will know that both she and I are being watched this week.
See you at NECC!
tag: necc2007, necc07, neccprep, edubloggercon, edubloggercon2007, edubloggercon07, virtual_attendee, David Warlick, Jennifer Wagner, Sharon Peters, elluminate, Steve Hargadon, Will Richardson, Tim Wilson
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.