Today Eric Sheninger @E_Sheninger challenges us to move to the next level with digital technologies. We can't use tech because it is “cool and new.” It must improve learning. If it doesn't improve learning, why are we spending the money?
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/39-eric-sheninger-digital-pedagogy-that-actually-improves/id1201263130?i=1000383000940&mt=2″ primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Listen on iTunes[/button]
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Subscribe to the Show
Thank you Eric for donating Digital Leadership as the give away contest for this show. You can enter here.
[shareable cite=”Eric Sheninger”]Just because kids are engaged doesn’t necessarily equate to the fact that they’re actually learning. @E_Sheninger[/shareable]
In today's show, we'll discuss:
- Why we need evidence that learning is improving
- Shifting assessment strategies that help students show what they understand
- Arguments for student (and teacher) portfolios of learning
- Why curriculum is no longer a valid argument against technology
- Encouragement for teachers who feel like an island of innovation with technology.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Eric!
Want to hear another Thought Leader Thursday on Digital Leadership? Hear Steven Anderson talk about Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in the Classroom
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @E_Sheninger
- Blog: http://ericsheninger.com/
- For more on Portfolios See: Building Elementary Portfolios with SeeSaw
- Eric's Book: Digital Leadership
- Eric's Book: Uncommon Learning: Creating Schools that Work for Kids
- The Giveaway Contest for This Show
[button href=”https://www.coolcatteacher.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/E039_10mt_sheninger_pedagogy.pdf” primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Download the Transcript[/button]
Eric is a Senior Fellow and Thought Leader on Digital Leadership with the International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE). Prior to this he was the award-winning Principal at New Milford High School.
Under his leadership his school became a globally recognized model for innovative practices. Eric oversaw the successful implementation of several sustainable change initiatives that radically transformed the learning culture at his school while increasing achievement. He has emerged as an innovative leader, best selling author, and sought after speaker.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)