Joshua Williams, @joshuasheart, is a very young man on a mission to end hunger in Miami and beyond. What started as a 5 year old’s insistence to feed a hungry man now feeds thousands of families in Miami every month.
Joshua is a Prudential Spirit of Community Award winner and his story is an uplifting one.
This is another one of those shows you’ll want to listen to with your kids or students and is a great one to share with parents because Joshua’s mom takes the line to talk about her response to his desire to feed hungry people.
One of my favorite things said in this podcast is when Joshua’s Mom talks about empowering him to pursue his passion. She’s tired but she does it anyway. I also loved his answer to the question when I asked him if he had $100K what he’d do with it. If all of us would live with such passion to meet the needs of poverty and hunger in the world!
- Listen on iTunes. “Exposing Your Students to Inspiring Young People Who Are Making a Difference”
- Go to the show on BAM Radio
Add Joshua’s Heart to your PLN
- Twitter: @joshuasheart
- Website: http://joshuasheart.org/
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards Website: http://spirit.prudential.com/view/page/soc
Every Classroom Matters is a bi-weekly podcast by Vicki Davis on BAM Radio network dedicated to excellent education with the goal of helping you teach with better results, lead with a positive impact, and live with greater purpose. Subscribe.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)