- the 9/11 national day of service and a group of organizations including Scholastic, hands-on Network, and others are revealing a curriculum for discussing 9/11 with students. This is a link to the webinar for this event if you are interested in bringing this material into your school. Listen via teleconference at: 1-(888) 206-4065, Confirmation: 27724119
- some schools are looking at recording programs and archiving on site. SnapStream would be a way to do this.
- To win the ultimate prom – $25,000 for your prom, this is the place to enter!
- Beta free books available for the iPad from ck-12 including calculus, biology, chemistry. Worth testing.
- Trailmeme has a tool to let you “walk” through resources that have to do with a particular event in history. I haven’t learned how this works yet, but thought you history teachers might take a look at it.
- Lots of free coloring pages for teachers. This will be especially useful at the elementary level. Lots of free pages.
- Effective Implementation of Technology in the Classroom: An Interview with Vicki Davis (Pt. 1 of 2) – The eLearners News Blog – The eLearners News Blog – eLearners.com Community: Online Education and Distance Learning Discussion Forums & BlogsPart 1 of the interview discussing disruptive technologies and also handling change when it seems overwhelming.
- Effective Implementation of Technology in the Classroom: An Interview with Vicki Davis (Pt. 2 of 2) – The eLearners News Blog – The eLearners News Blog – eLearners.com Community: Online Education and Distance Learning Discussion Forums & BlogsInterview with eLearners news that I did asking about the status of the Flat Classroom book and other questions. This is part 2 of the interview.
- From Laura Candler – in the middle of thi spage – a PDF about how to earn 6,000 bonus points from scholastic.
- A site (now owned by Google) that has a lot of activities you can do with photographs. Teachers will love this!
This looks so very cool and is a way to enhance what you’re doing in the classroom with quite a bit of pizzaz and professionalism!
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.