- Just got this email! Many teachers are part of the “new rich” as Timothy Ferriss says — we do many exciting things over the summer!
From my inbox:
“Hi Vicki, I am a 3rd-year 5th grade teacher who enjoys your blog. I was thinking you might want to write about what some teachers do during the summer; I have an interesting story because I am working on a music career during the summers! My students like to brag that their teacher is a pop star 😉 I have a YouTube link to my single – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im7vRPpf6us if you are interested. Feel free to post it in your blog. Thanks for sharing your teaching with us! Bridget Tucker”
- Scholarships are increasingly relying upon VIDEOS whether for voting or submission.
In this contest, each winner has already won $2500 but we are asked to vote to help one of them win more. The qualification is that they should be struggling to pay for college due to the loss of a parent at an early age. It is heartbreaking to me and I wish they had a way to donate to help all of them go.
The point here is — video is important. Period.
- Another program that allows for project tracking, etc. This is used by many very large companies with pricing starting at $24 a month with 15 projects – the nice thing is that there is no per user fee.
- Another bug tracking program we’re reviewing. This is only $15 per user per month.
Would love to know some other work flow management programs that people are using for tech support.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)