- Free Technology for Teachers: A Teacher’s Guide to Classroom Backchannels & Informal Assessment Tools
An ebook about classroom backchannels from Richard Byrne.
- How to Make a Class Backchannel | Democratizing Knowledge
Mike Gwaltney shares how he uses Twitter to make a backchannel.
- Back-Channeling with Socrative | Socrative Garden
Socrative has class backchannel capabilities.
- MAKE | How to Build CoffeeBots
As my classes pursue inventions during our genius hour each week, I keep coming back to the makezine website for fantastic ideas. Here is something inexpensive that beginners can do using coffee cans and the Aurdino – it does require some soldering so you might want to reserve that part for an adult unless you have older kids capable of it.
- 9/11 Day of Service
Next week on 9/11 is the 9/11 day of service that many are commemorating. You can go to www.911day.org to see what others are doing and join in. This is a great activity and focus on others but more importantly – it is a remembrance – it isn’t enough but it is a remembrance. Some of us still feel like it was yesterday.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)