- iTunes – Podcasts – Every Classroom Matters With Cool Cat Teacher by BAM Radio Network – The Twitterati Channel
Here’s the iTunes podcast for Every Classroom matters, the new show I”m hosing on BAM radio network. I’ll have one post a week go live from here on out as I interview the best, most exciting teachers I know. Let me know if you want to nominate someone. IF you listen and like the show, it would help me out if you would rate it on the store. Thank you.
- 15+ Tips & Tricks to Use Evernote Like a Pro
Excellent tips for using Evernote – I use all of these tips except the transcription and signature features. Evernote is so useful. I also like to embed documents in my notes which make repetitive tasks much easier.
- Jure Klepic: Social Media Influence Is Much More Than This Forbes List Shows
Jure Klepic nails it in his critique of the Forbes 2013 list of Social Media influencers. If you’re clueless about social media, don’t make a list. Jure says “It seems that today everyone thinks they can write and preach about influence, even though they have no clue as to what influence is. In order to rank people on the ability to influence we need to understand influence, not just define it. When people just try to define influence they come away with something as useless as what is used in this post. The real definition of influence is quite simple — influence is the power to sway. But understanding influence is far more than just knowing this definition. Understanding influence in contemporary online world means understanding contemporary notions of identity and identity construction. Identity, ideas of person and self are cultural constructs; they are ideas and values that are part of our culture. So the real question here should not be who will make the next Forbes list, but how can the author of an article about influence omit the names of so many of the brightest and best thought leaders in the field? ”
- Encouraging Global Connections and Digital Citizenship
I had a great conversation with Theresa Allen, IT director in Illinois who has facilitated global connections from Kindergarten through 8th grade. She talks about the “Hello Little world Skypers” project and other projects she does with her students and how you can facilitate change.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)