Six-year-olds can blog. Canadian first-grade teacher Kathy Cassidy has long shown us the way as she has been blogging with six and seven-year-olds successfully for many years. She shares her secrets of keeping kids safe, helping them build a portfolio and the workflow for helping kids become independent bloggers.
Show Notes: How to Safely Connect Six year Olds to the World
- What kinds of things can six-year-olds share online?
- How can you keep kids safe online? (And how parents sometimes compromise their own child’s security and what she does about it.)
- How, when and if corrections should be made to student work.
- Why young children need a portfolio.
[tweetthis]I really want our classroom blog to be a digital portfolio of their developing skills @kathycassidy #edchat[/tweetthis]
Educator Resources from this Episode
- Mrs. Cassidy’s Classroom Blog
- Connected from the Start: Global Learning in the Primary Grades by Kathy Cassidy
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)