Bob Greenberg, a veteran educator, inspires other educators through his Brainwaves channel. Bob hosts exciting guests in education . Bob passionately says [tweetthis twitter_handles=”@bobgreenbergll”]”Students are our legacy.” Bob Greenberg[/tweetthis] Bob hasn't retired, he has sent himself into overdrive as he records and shares a snapshot of history and educational thought at this moment on his YouTube Channel. What a great story!
Add @bobgreenberg to your PLN
Bob Greenberg – Show #85 – Capturing the Best Teaching Practices and Leaving a Legacy
Bob Greenberg was a teacher for 15 years, then a magician for 15 years, then returned to teaching for 15 years. Now in “retirement,” he hosts a successful series to inspire teachers in the trenches. Bob travels around the world to interview educators for his Brainwaves YouTube interview series.
“Brainwaves” was the name of his class while he was teaching, so when he retired he took the name with him. He has interviewed 50+ people around the world. Listen now to find out more about this amazing educator who is using his retirement to inspire other educators everywhere.
During the interview, Vicki remarked that, [tweetthis twitter_handles=”@coolcatteacher”] “Living life all out, pursuing your passions, helping the profession you love: these qualities exemplify Bob Greenberg.”[/tweetthis]
During Bob's 100th Brainwaves episode, he featured thought leaders in education from around the globe, including Ken Robinson, Yong Zhao, and Jerome Brunner. Vicki was honored to be on his show a while back, speaking about teaching, writing, and transliteracy. The saying, “Once you're an educator, you are always an educator” is really true with Bob, as he continues to teach with passion even after he has “retired”.
We take our hats off to Bob and every other “retired” educator who continue to passionately support our noble profession. Well done, Bob!
A Few of Our Favorite Brainwaves Videos
- Dr. Yong Zhao: “World Class Learners”
- Sir Ken Robinson: “Can Creativity Be Taught?“
- Carol Dweck: “Mindset: The New Psychology of Success”
- Lisa Nielsen: “The Innovative Educator”
- Andy Hargreaves: “Professional Capital: Transforming Teaching in Every School”
- Alan November: “Who Owns the Learning? Preparing Students for Success in the Digital Age”
- Vicki Davis: “Reinventing Writing”
- Angela Maiers: “You Matter”
- Jerome Bruner: How Does Teaching Influence Learning?
- Jose Luis Wilson: “This is Not a Test: A New Narrative on Race, Class and Education”
- Michael Fullan: “The Principal: Three Keys to Maximizing Impact”
- Jeff Gomez: “Responding to New Technology”
- Robert Sternberg: “Successful Intelligence“
- Catlin Tucker: “Blended Learning“
Need help listening to the show?
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)