As we prepare to go back to school, we need to share best practices and ideas for learning. The exchange of ideas and building of our Personal Learning Network (PLN) is part of our growth and learning. On Tuesday, July 28th at 8 pm EDT, I’ll be co-hosting a #Back2SchoolChat with Advancement Courses.
Conversation topics will be split into two main topics — social-emotional learning (SEL) and edtech tools and tips for distance and blended learning:
- Our biggest concerns and how we plan to approach them.
- Social-emotional concerns, anxiety, and the impact on learning
- Engaging students in video content
- A super video share where teachers share the videos they’ve made for students
- Assessment tools and tips for online and blended learning
- For the last 10 minutes we will have a super share of top tools and tips (and I’ll share mine.)
As we proceed through the chat, we will also select one participant to fund part of their Donor’s Choose project with a $50 gift certificate. (August will be a month where they fund even more teacher Donor’s Choose accounts, so stay tuned!)
When: Tuesday, July 28th from 8 – 9 pm
Where: On Twitter, follow the hashtag #back2schoolchat using your favorite Twitter client
How: Follow the chat and tweet your answers to the questions that are shared. Talk to other teachers and learn!
This event is sponsored by Advancement Courses. They will participate in the conversation, support the donation to the teacher’s account for Donor’s Choose. Thanks, Advancement Courses!