Tonight Erin Klein and I are hosting a Twitter party with @Staples and @DonorsChoose. We'll be using the #StaplesforStudents hashtag. We'll give away $2,000 in prizes to some lucky members of the chat. We have:
- 8 $100 Staples Gift Cards
- 8 $75 Donorschoose.org Gift Cards
- 1 $500 Staples Gift Card
- 1 $100 Donorschoose.org Gift Card
[button href=”https://twitter.com/search?q=%23StaplesForStudents&src=tyah” primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]#StaplesForStudents Hashtag[/button]
How to Get Ready
So, to prepare for a Twitter party, here are a couple of things you can do.
- Make sure you have a Twitter account.
- This tutorial will help you make sure you know how to join. Just use #StaplesForStudents as your hashtag.
- I'll be giving out prizes, so follow @coolcatteacher. You'll probably want to follow @KleinErin @Staples and @DonorsChoose too!
- Go ahead and tweet out a link and invite your friends! We'll be watching the twitter stream for engaged people in the session.
- Look over the questions and snap some pics and get ready to chat!
What will we discuss?
Well, back to school, of course! I'm not going to tell you all the questions but there are few questions that might take a little prep:
- Do you have a place in your classroom that kids LOVE? Take a pic!
- Got favorite decorations or supplies? Take a pic!
- Got organizational tips? Think about them. (Pics are great too.)
- Make sure you've got a DonorsChoose.org project set up and a link. ;-)
- Got school supply suggestions or ideas? (See my post for ideas.)
We'll be online with the Twitter party tonight from 7-8 pm EDT. Thanks to Staples for sponsoring this Back to School Twitter chat! So much fun!
[callout]Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via cash payment, gift, or something else of value to edit and post it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers and are from companies I can recommend. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.) [/callout]
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.
Where in the world do pupils go back to school at the beginning of August? In the UK and much of Europe it is later in September. In Australia the big break is from November to February/March.
Some started last week. I start Monday!! I am in Georgia but yes many of us are back!
Having a Twitter party with amazing prizes will be a great opportunity for educators to collaborate on their ideas to get students engaged. Its also an excellent time for teachers to share on multidisciplinary lessons that have proven to be effective, especially concerning digital communication in multiliteracies!