As we prepare for school, learning the current best practices and edtech apps is a great way to get excited (and save time.) On Wednesday, July 28th at 11 am CDT (noon Eastern) and 4 pm UTC Pear Fair Back to School 2021 will kick-off. During the conference, I'm presenting a new presentation “8 Ways to Engage Every Learner.” The conference is free and you can register and see the schedule now.
Go Guardian and Pear Deck sponsored this blog post. All opinions are my own.
- Overcoming the Insurmountable: Lessons for Educators by Dr. C.J. Huff
- What if I Became the Teacher I Needed? by LaNesha Tabb
- The Social Media Inspired Class by Erica Aguirre
- Scaffolding> Differentiation by Maribel Gonzalez, M.Ed.
- Back to the Classroom with Pear Deck by Stacey Roshan
- Smooth Sailing for the 2021-2022 School Year by Dani Kennis
- Leading the Shift to Blended Learning by Dr. Caitlin Tucker
- 8 Ways to Engage Every Learner — This is mine! It will be on-demand so you can view it any time after you register.
The conference will also have some how-to sessions on popular features and getting started:
- Flashcard Factory – Pear Deck vocabulary game that transforms the way students learn vocabulary.
- Pear Deck 101 – how to get started using formative assessments, polls, and interactives to achieve 100% student engagement
- Pear Deck 201 – a more in-depth advanced training session
- GoGuardian Teacher – how to connect with students, eliminate distractions, and save teaching time using GoGuardian
- GoGuardian Beacon – learn about their award-winning safety solution
If you can't attend the event live, if you join the email list, you can grab some of the sessions later (including mine.) Every session will have closed captions and a Certificate of Attendance will be provided.
This is going to be fun! I hope you'll join me! This presentation has been fun to create and update based upon what I've learned since so many things changed in March 2020. I'm ready to share!
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)