How do we know our students have mastered the standards we are supposed to teach? Assessment coach Garnett Hillman helps us understand how our assessments tools and methods need to change. (We might even learn that we don’t have to grade so much and get better results.) Garnet shares seven assessment tools and tips to help us know what students are learning.
- What are the most common mistakes teachers make when assessing students?
- How can you improve your current assessments to better meet standards?
- Why should formative assessments be more reflective?
- Why just giving number grades as feedback doesn’t work and what to do instead.
- How can you grade less and get better results?
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)