How do we know our students have mastered the standards we are supposed to teach? Assessment coach Garnett Hillman helps us understand how our assessments tools and methods need to change. (We might even learn that we don't have to grade so much and get better results.) Garnet shares seven assessment tools and tips to help us know what students are learning.
[callout]Help Teaching.com has a test maker that will help you with your assessments. You can find questions by grade level, subject, and Common Core standards. Try the Help Teaching Test Maker(TM). Help Teaching's assessment tools work. Thank you Help Teaching, for sponsoring today's show! [/callout]
- What are the most common mistakes teachers make when assessing students?
- How can you improve your current assessments to better meet standards?
- Why should formative assessments be more reflective?
- Why just giving number grades as feedback doesn’t work and what to do instead.
- How can you grade less and get better results?
[button href=”http://www.bamradionetwork.com/index.php?option=com_adagency&controller=adagencyAds&task=click&cid=14&bid=45&aid=3″ primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Try the Free Helpteaching.com Test Maker(TM) Now[/button]
[button href=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/everyclassroommatters” primary=”false” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Join the Every Classroom Matters Awesome Educators Network on Facebook[/button]
Never miss an episode
Get the 10-minute Teacher Show delivered to your inbox.