The current education climate has created unique social emotional challenges for students, parents, and teachers alike. Today, Dr. Amy Cranston helps us understand how to create effective social emotional learning (SEL) environments online. As we move forward and plan, we need to make sure that the environments we create for learning help children thrive educationally and emotionally. Here's advice to help us have these important conversations.
Listen to Social Emotional Learning in Online Spaces with Dr. Amy Cranston
Subscribe to the Show
Get Credit! Some schools, districts, and organizations allow credit for listening to podcasts. Whether they do or don’t, to get the most out of listening you can use this Podcast PD Template Hyperdoc. Just make a copy and adapt it for your use or print it. If you don’t have Google Docs, just use this PDF.
More SEL Resources for Remote Learning
- Top 10 Ways to Give Back While at Home
- 6 Super Parent and Teacher Resources for SEL at Home
- How a 17-Year-Old Student is Giving Back While Learning from Home
Remember that as students learn online that so much more is going on at home than learning. SEL skills are more important than ever before. Take time to educate yourself on the research and tools to help children succeed in these challenging times.
Dr. Amy Cranston – Bio as Submitted
Dr. Amy Cranston is a 20-year veteran educator specializing in Social Emotional Learning (SEL). She is the Co-Founder and Executive Director of the non-profit organization SEL4CA, and the author of “Creating Social and Emotional Learning Environments” (Shell Education pub, 2020).
To learn more, visit SEL4CA.org.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)