Today Terry Freedman @terryfreedman author of Education Conferences: Teachers’ Guide to Getting the Most out of Education Conferences talks about how to get the most out of ISTE 2017 or any conference you attend.
- Stream by clicking here.
- The transcript will be uploaded and posted right here as soon as soon as it is available.
This episode is sponsored by Powerschool. I am so excited to be at ISTE with PowerSchool! Here’s the schedule.
I will be leading a panel discussion on 5 Key Trends Transforming Teaching Today at ISTE 2017 on Monday June 26, 2017 at 4pm in room 225 A and B.
Come by PowerSchool’s Classroom of the Future in 207A where they will be giving away Apple Watches, Microsoft Surfaces and Amazon Echos.
Come by the PowerSchool booth 2918 — I’ll be there some on Monday. For those of you are not at ISTE check out the Unified Classroom at PowerSchool.com/solutions/unified-classroom.
Click the button for iTunes or Stitcher to subscribe to this show
In today’s show, Terry Freedman shares how to get the most out of any conference and especially #iste17 :
- Deciding your goals for a conference
- Accomplishing important things at a conference
- The “killer question” to ask people you meet
- Finding what you missed (even when you go)
- Some challenges unique to #iste17
I hope you enjoy this episode with Terry Freedman!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @terryfreedman
- Blog: http://www.ictineducation.org
- Education Conferences: Teachers’ Guide to Getting the Most out of Education Conferences
Full Bio As Submitted
Terry has over 40 years’ experience in education. Roles include teaching (especially hard classes), management in schools, and government agencies. Since 2004 he has been an independent ed tech consultant, writer, trainer, and speaker.
He aims in his books and articles to answer two main types of question:
So what do I do with class X on Friday afternoon?
He has embarked on writing and self-publishing a series of teachers’ guides, the first of which is the Education Conferences book mentioned elsewhere. These will be very practical and pragmatic. To be informed of new or impending publications, sign up for Terry’s newsletter.
Transcript for this episode
To be posted as soon as it is available. Check back soon!