Today John Sowash @jrsowash talks formative assessment, multimedia, and the must-have apps for Chromebooks. Today he gives us five ideas to amp up our Chromebook classroom. Many of these tools and tips will work for any device that can access the Web.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Today’s Giveaway Contest
We’re giving away two copies of John’s book The Chromebook Classroom. Enter below.
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- Formative assessment
- Multimedia Projects
- Station Learning
- Screencasting Ideas
- As he says, “Lectures that don’t suck”
I hope you enjoy this episode with John!
Want to hear more about edtech and apps? Listen to Jennifer Gonzalez talk about 5 Edtech Tools to Try
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @jrsowash
- Blog: http://electriceducator.blogspot.com/
- Google Forms
- How to Use the New Explore Feature in Google Sheets by Tech Republic
- YouTube Editor
- Booktrack Classroom
- Pear Deck
- Google Docs
John Sowash is an experienced classroom teacher, former school administrator, author of The Chromebook Classroom, and founder of the Google Certification Academy. John inspires educators to use technology connect with and challenge students. Schools around the world have invited John to come and share with them. You can connect with John via his blog (electriceducator.com) or Twitter (@jrsowash).
Josh has a free 5 lesson email course to help teacher develop their Chromebook Classroom. A great resource to help teachers begin exploring the potential of chromebooks in the classroom – http://www.chrmbook.com/developing-your-chromebook-classroom-2/
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)