- 20 Ways to Personalize Your Learning This Summer – a blog post I wrote on twenty concepts to help you this summer along with links to some suggested courses from Advancement Courses. (Remember to use COOL20 to save 20%)
- 3 Things to Learn Over the Summer to Be Better at Distance or Blended Learning with Class Tech Tips Monica Burns
- 7 Ways to Pick PD that Fits Your Personal Plan this Summer with Danielle Strohmeyer.
Distance Learning Excellence
- 10 Essential Online Learning Best Practices – an infographic and information about excellence in online learning
- Be Education’s Overcomers – 3 minute video with some principles to help you.
- Mastery Learning Excellence at a Distance with teacher Rae Hughart
- Assessment and Grading in Distance Learning – How to Get Better with Assessment Expert Dr. Thomas Guskey
- All Systems Go – How We Went to Distance Learning without Missing a Day – the story from my school
- How to Engage Kids in Distance Learning with teacher Mary Howard
- 10 Awesome Courses To Improve Your Online Classroom – some ideas from me on courses to improve how you teach in a distance learning environment
- Community and #RemoteLearning Conversations with Brad Currie – where to connect and build your PLN for learning
- What Montana State Teacher of the Year Dylan Huisken Says Is Happening There
- An Oregon Teacher on Distance Learning at his School – Tyler Cienfuegos
- US Edtech Policy Conversations Amidst Coronavirus Concerns with Tom Murray
- How to Teach Students Effective Learning in an Online Classroom
Leadership in Distance Learning and for the Fall
- What Educational Leadership Looks Like Today with Dr. Joe Sanfelippo
- What Will School Be Like in the Fall after a Distance Learning Spring? with Policy Leader and teacher Joseph Fatheree
- The Covid-19 Education Question: Is this Really Learning? some of my thoughts on learning in Covid-19
Edtech Tools for Distance Learning
- 6 Tips to Close Out the School Year in Google Classroom with Kasey Bell from Shake Up Learning
- 8 New Productivity Tools & Tips for Working from Home – Some of my personal faves
- Wakelet and WeVideo: Powerful Distance Learning Edtech with teacher Bruce Reicher
- Boom Cards: Engagement for Learning from a Distance with teacher Mary Howard
- 21 Tools I Use to Manage Distance Learning – my toolkit from distance learning
- 4 Security Issues for Schools During Covid19 Distance Education – some thoughts from me on security concerns with tools and apps.
- How to Use Wizer to Create Digital Worksheets that Differentiate Instruction a video tutorial with Wizer CEO Nira Sheleg
- Free Ideas for Teaching Middle School Math Online with Noelle Pickering
- Google Bootcamp Duo Demo video series
Pandemic Education and Social Emotional Learning Needs
- 10 Trauma Informed Principles for Educators During the Coronavirus with Dr. Eric Rossen – some important principles to understand for now and the fall
- Some awesome SEL resources are at WE.org/SEL for free resources
- Helping Kids Be Healthy and Whole While Learning from Home Dr. Kim Schonert-Reichl
- Absolutely Essential SEL Skills We Need During the Pandemic with Dr. Amy Cranston
- 5 Ways to Build Effective Social Emotional Learning Environments Online with Dr. Amy Cranston
- 6 Super Parent and Teacher Resources to Promote Social Emotional Learning at Home – a blog post with some resources
- How a 17 Year Old Student in New York is Giving Back – teenager Jameson Cohen shares how he volunteers from home
- Top 10 Ways to Give Back While at Home – how to volunteer from home with Dr. Kim Schonert-Reichl
- SEL and Physical Exercise – 8 weeks of Free Lessons with Rupa Mehta
Other Education Topics
- Sustainability Spotlight: How to Empower Students to Tackle Sustainability Issues with Dr. Michael Walker
- Why Second and Third Chances Matter for Kids Kim Piper, New Hampshire Teacher of the Year 2020 who works with the prison population in New Hampshire and talks about how teachers can help kids not end up there.
- 5 Major Elements of a STEAM Mindset with Tim Needles
- Why Kids Never Stop Moving: Neuroscience and a Student’s Need to Move with neuroscientist Susan Cresswell
- How PBL in Math Class Can Make Projects Unforgettable with Lauren Harris
- I celebrated my birthday in quarantine and shared 50, Fit and Fantastic! — How I celebrated my quarantine birthday with joy.
Note that I shared these last week in my newsletter. I always share my best items and a personal note of encouragement each week in the newsletter. Go to https://www.coolcatteacher.com/newsletter to sign up.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)