Learning to make and create can be a challenge but hundreds of educators took the challenge. Aaron Maurer talks about the 25 days of making and some upcoming projects for student making that will be kicking off soon. You'll find some fun ideas and in the end, they actually ended up with 30 projects you can create. This will be an awesome resource for those who want to tinker during spring break or this summer!
Today’s Sponsor: Metaverse is a powerful augmented reality app. They have a new classroom management tool called Collections. These let the teacher:
- View all student experiences in one place
- Edit and View Experiences in one place
- Share Student Experiences as a group
Metaverse is free for teachers and students to create as many AR experiences as you want. The new classroom management features in Metaverse are free to try with promo code ARforEDU. You can use these features after your free trial for a $7 a month fee. My students are making apps in Metaverse. Try it out today!
Listen to Aaron Maurer on the 10-Minute Teacher
Bio as Submitted
Aaron Maurer is the STEM lead for the Mississippi Bend AEA serving 21 school districts in Iowa in all things STEM, Makerspace, and Computer Science. Aaron is a member of the Microsoft Innovator Educator Expert program, PBS Digital Innovator and All-Star, Skype Master Teacher, and a Minecraft Global Mentor. He was a finalist for the Iowa Teacher of the Year in 2014 and recently won the 2018 ISTE Making It Happen Award.
Tips for minimizing teacher stress
- Discover 10 stress-busting secrets for healthy teachers. What simple routines will help you handle the stress?
- Simple advice for coping with stress at work.
- Learn tips to help you deal with difficult colleagues and students (even those who "hate" you -- yes it is possible!)